Berea Traditional Dulcimer Gathering
at Berea College, Kentucky
Note: This event is utilizing the facilities at Berea College but is not
sponsored by Berea College or the Berea College Appalachian Center.
Sorry you missed it but you can see what we were up to here.
...and a few more here.
Check back there is more to come.......
E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or comments,
or if you would like to added to our mailer.
Welcoming fans of dulcimer history and traditional dulcimers from all regions.
* Emphasis on traditional dulcimer
history and playing
* Emphasis on noter & drone, finger dancing and bowing
* Emphasis on modes in DAA, Ddd, DAC, DAG or equivalent tunings as necessary
* All skill levels
* Experienced and knowledgeable players will mentor and teach folks in these areas.
* No attendance fee
* Attendees get a free noter and quill
MEALS AND LODGING
(Remember your note book!)
* DAILY TOPIC – lecture or playing
lesson on some aspect of traditional dulcimers or dulcimer
* Builders/Historic displays/Traditional Vendors – no charge for space
* Playing individually or in small groups, whenever and wherever
* Each night open mic/mini-concerts and jams
*The agenda is just a guide to get things rolling, none of it is mandatory. If you want
to get together to jam/work on something traditional during a particular time frame you are more than welcome to do so.
Laid back, relaxed:
* Each day morning, afternoon, and evening topics.
* Playing in small groups when/wherever
Check back often as we will be updating frequently!
* Image courtesy of Craig Tisdale *