Berea Traditional Dulcimer Gathering
May 16 – 19, 2019
at Berea College, Kentucky
Note: This event is utilizing the facilities at Berea College but is not
sponsored by Berea College or the Berea College Appalachian Center.
Let us know you are coming.
E-Mail us HERE for questions or comments.
Welcoming fans of dulcimer history and traditional dulcimers from all regions.
* Emphasis on traditional dulcimer history and playing
* Emphasis on noter & drone, fingerdancing and bowing
* Emphasis on modes in DAA, Ddd, DAC, DAG or equivalent tunings as necessary
* All skill levels
* Experienced and knowledgeable players will mentor and teach
folks in these areas.
* No attendance fee
* Attendees get a free noter and quill
MEALS AND LODGING
Attendees stay at a residence hall on the Berea College campus in downtown Berea, KY.
Bring your own bed linen, pillow and toiletries including a towel. COST: $25 per night.
Campus Dining Services All You Can Eat 3-meal/day plan: $20-23 per day.
* DAILY TOPIC – lecture or playing lesson on some aspect of
traditional dulcimers or dulcimer history.
* DAILY TOUR -- historically important dulcimer-related locations, museum collections, etc. Tours are by carpool.
* Builders/Historic displays/Traditional Vendors – no charge for space
* Playing individually or in small groups, whenever and wherever
* Open Mic Night
Laid back, relaxed:
* Morning topic, afternoon tour
* Morning tour, afternoon topic
* Playing in small groups when/wherever
Check back often as we will be updating frequently!
* Image courtesy of Karen Bennett *